[RTTY] TARA DIGITAL SKIRMISH - APRIL 19 - PLEASE READ

To: tara-n2ty@yahoogroups.com, psk-tara@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com, 070@yahoogroups.com, digitalmodes@yahoogroups.com, digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, contesting@yahoogroups.com, psk31@yahoogroups.com, rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RTTY] TARA DIGITAL SKIRMISH - APRIL 19 - PLEASE READ
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:18:07 EDT

Greetings:

Just a friendly reminder that the  "TARA Skirmish"  - Digital Prefix Contest
is coming up on April 19. I  hope  as many of you as possible will join us
for
TARA's 5th running of  this contest and I really think you'll enjoy this
contest a lot, for it  just gets better each year!

TARA  Skirmish--Digital Prefix Contest
Sponsored by Troy ARA

Time/Date: 0000Z-2400Z  April 19,  2008

Frequencies: 160-6 meters, work stations once per  band.

Categories: High, Low (<100 W), Great  (<20 W), QRP (<5 W), SWL

Exchange: Name and  Prefix

Modes of Operation: PSK, RTTY, HELL,  MFSK, MT63, THROB, ASCII, SSTV & PACKET

Score: QSOs × WPX prefixes × power multiplier
(High  ×0.5, Low ×1, Great ×2, QRP ×3)
Multipliers count  once per band.

For more  information:
(_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html) )
(_mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org) )

You must post your score by May 17 via the  contest score entry form at:
(_http://n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_score.html_
(http://n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_score.html) )

Don't forget, this is the final contest  for this year's "Four  Season's
Tour'ney." It's going to be interesting  to see who is going to take top
honor's
in this year's Tour'ney. In the TARA  Tour'ney, the contestants are competing
for the honor of emerging as the  crowned "King or Queen" of the digital
modes.

The scores to achieve this are an  aggregate of all their individual Tour'ney
credits  derived from their  scores from the four (4) TARA All Season
Contests.
Each  contest is a  separate entity and has its own awards. The results of
each
will be   displayed on the Tara Results web page where you will find the
results
of  all  the contests for the Tour'ney year as they are run. The results so
far can be  seen at: (_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html) )

If you want to learn more about the  Tour'ney please go to:
(_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html) )

For all of you that love to chase  awards TARA has you covered! Back in  2004
TARA proudly introduced its  ALL NEW "Four Season's Awards Program" which
consists of the TARA-PX  and the TARA Grid  Awards.

The TARA-PX Award is a full service  award  offering Mixed, RTTY and PSK
certification. If you feel  that you qualify for a non-listed digital  mode,
please request that we  review your information.

The TARA-Grid Award is an excellent  companion to our Four Seasons,  Grid-Dip
Contest. All contest entries  qualify for inclusion  in your TARA-Grid Award.
You need only 300  different four(4) digit  Grid Squares to claim your Basic
certificate.

In line with our OnLine   recognition program, you will find all the
individual
award  statistics  on our Award Record Web Site(s).  These can  be accessed
below  under each Award heading.....another  system that  TARA is pioneering.

Your operating prowess will be there for the entire  world to see,  instead
of
only visitors to your shack.

Come check out our awards program at:
(_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html) )

With our new "Four Season's Contesting  &  Awards Program" we want be your
#1 contesting & award  program for "ALL" seasons!

Thank You!
Bill Eddy,  NY2U
President of TARA
(_mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org) )

This contest is brought to you  by:
TARA's - Four Season's Contesting & Awards
Bringing you the  very best in contests for "ALL" Seasons!

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)