[RTTY] no RTTY ops

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] no RTTY ops
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:59:21 -0500
I had never tried the TARA Skirmish before and decided to try it this
weekend. It was apparently a bad decision. I worked 3 calls and that is all.
YV5JF at 0054z,  YV5AAX at 1339z and CN8KD at 1415z all three on 20 meters.
I tried 80-40-20 my Friday evening and just worked YV5JF as he was the only
contest signal I could find. No one answered my many CQ's Friday evening or
Saturday morning. Saturday morning was a bust also. I worked YV5AAX and
CN8KD, who are always operating RTTY contests, but that was it. I did not
see any NA calls on any band working this contest. No one came back to my
many CQ's during the time I was on. Apparently all the RTTY ops were doing
PSK31. When I took a look on the PSK frequency for 20 meters, it was wall to
wall with signals. I didn't want to do PSK and called it quits. If this is
an example of RTTY participation in this contest, I probably will not try
again next year

QSO's = 3   Pts = 3   Cty = 2    Score = 6

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M