[RTTY] Yaesu FT-920, AFSK & SignaLink Question-Unable to be Heard When T

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Yaesu FT-920, AFSK & SignaLink Question-Unable to be Heard When Transmitting
From: "Lonnie Craven" <lonniecraven@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 20:59:02 -0400
I'm trying to get back on RTTY after 30 years, but I'm having difficulty.
My rig is the FT-920 Yaesu and I'm using a new SignaLink USB unit. I have
read carefully the SignaLink manual, Yaesu manual and information on the
AA5AU web site on operating RTTY.

I am able to receive RTTY signals using the latest version of the MMTTY
program. However, when I transmit RTTY signals, my rig appears to be
transmitting, but after numerous CQ attempts no one has responded to me. One
station stated that he was unable to hear any diddles (I double-checked all
settings).

Any additional suggestions on enabling my rig to transmit RTTY signals?  If
I had another rig, I would try to listen to the signals, but I don't.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Lonnie, K4KZ