Re: [RTTY] ANARTS Macros

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ANARTS Macros
From: "Vladimir Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:33:40 -0400
> While running in CQ mode in the ANARTS contest, I noticed several
> stations starting their reports with a string of "....." dots.  What's
> with the ....dots?

To make a long story short, the string of dots is waste of time. The longer
the string is, the more time is wasted for the both parties.

> Also, noticed a DX station calling CQ DX CQ DX and he was not
> a JA.  What is not DX to a DX station?

Normally the "CQ DX" means a call to stations in other continents. It is
strictly followed at least in Europe. If a European station calls CQ DX, the
operator is pretty sure, he will not be called by another European.
Unfortunatelly the CQ DX call is pretty meaningless in NA.

73,
Vladimir VE3IAE

---