Re: [RTTY] RTTY setup question

To: K4FJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY setup question
From: "Neal Campbell" <nealk3nc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:04:39 +0100
I can only tell you what I do!

I assume you are using MMTTY within Writelog? If not, you will need to
download mmtty as well as a plugin from the WL 3rd party page to get
MMTTY to appear as a modem in the modem menu of RttyRite.

In MMTTY the display will tell you when you are too hot going into it
(upper right hand corner of the tuning display). Just make sure you
are below getting that message and you are fine. I would make sure you
are getting a nice full signal into that tuning display though.

On output, I run the output volume until it kicks in the ALC on my rig
or hits the power output level I am expecting (one of the two).

It might not be the right way but its My Way (do you hear Frankie
singing in the background?)

73
Neal

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:54 PM,  <K4FJ@aol.com> wrote:
> I am trying to setup WriteLog and RttyRite to do sound  card decoding.  After
> a bit of frustration I got it working.  This was  the first step in my
> conversion to sound card decoding.  I have previously  used Hal gear.
>
> The first success in the conversion was to be able to  transmit and receive
> successfully and I got there.  Now, I want to make  sure my audio levels into
> the computer are correct.  Help in RttyRite  refers to a graphic display in
> Windows Sound Recorder, but I cannot find the  graphic display.  Can someone
> walk
> me there?  I am using only the  integrated sound on the Mother Board.  I
> intend to install a good sound  card but I need to do this one step at a time
> since I am no computer  jock.
>
> I will move on to MMTTY when I have solved this  problem, and I am sure that
> will generate more questions.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> 73, Steve, k4fj

> fuel-efficient used cars.
> (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com