[RTTY] NAQP RTTY KS0M

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY KS0M
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:49:41 -0500
I was not sure I would work this contest and decided to just listen for a
while to see if there was any activity and propagation. I turned on the rig
and set it up, opened N1MM and started tuning. I heard 3 very weak difficult
to copy calls in 15 minutes and decided propagation was lousy and there were
not enough calls available to spend time trying to work. When I went to shut
down the rid it was then I discovered that I had not thrown the antenna
switch and was not connected to any antenna. What a dumb thing to forget. I
can't recall ever doing that before. When I connected to the antenna I found
wall to wall calls. and ended up working 120 of them, all S&P. I guess you
never get too old or too smart or have too much experience  to not pull a
stupid mistake like that once in a while. I did have a lot of fun for the
time I could put in.

73  Dick   KS0M

 Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
   3.5       2       2    2
     7      32      32   18
    14      75      75   31
    21      11      11    9
 Total     120     120   60
            Score: 7,200

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M