Re: [RTTY] Odd call

To: "'RTTY GROUP'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Odd call
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:36:18 -0500
I got a laugh out of this one.  With some luck I was able to put together a
tribander out of some broken and bent pieces of
aluminum.  It's not pretty, but it's flat in 10, 15 & 20 meter RTTY subbands.
The 40' tower was still standing after the storm, so
I put my "Gustav" tribander up Thursday night (in the dark) after work.

I was dead tired Friday night after working all day so didn't start the contest
until Saturday morning.  I decided to do a 20 meter
single band and it was fun to be back on the air again.  The "Gustav" yagi
yielded over 850 contacts on 20 in a somewhat part time
effort.  By Sunday I was getting bored of the single radio/single band thing
and decided to go watch football and NASCAR for a few
hours.

Thanks to everyone who worked this "odd" call. hi

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com