Re: [RTTY] rtty

To: 'Kok Chen' <chen@mac.com>, 'RTTY Reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] rtty
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:26:18 -0400
Hi Chen,

I am replying to you post from last week because of an
incident that happened today.  My comment below:

I tried to work A25/DL7DF on 17 meter PSK31 today.  Keeping
your PSK power posting on the RTTY reflector in mind, I
called and called with 200 watts but only Europe was getting
through.  I never heard him work any US stations.  I decided
to try it with the amp on running about 700 watts.  Again,
keeping your email in mind, I kept input way down, well
below any alc meter movement.  I got through in a couple of
calls.  BTW he'd been on RTTY a little earlier on 17 meters
and I couldn't copy him at all.  Since PSK counts towards
RTTY DXCC I'm happy.

Chen, I'm curious; your thoughts?

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the code!"