Re: [RTTY] P49X LoTW

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] P49X LoTW
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:43:38 -0700
> Hi Ed: Are you the only user of those calls? The reason I ask
> is I have two recent LoTW QSOs confirmed and several older
> ones that are not. What dates does your operation cover?

Good question, Bill.  I had the P40X call sign from 2003-2005 and now P49X
from 2006 for life.  No one has had the P49X call before, so that is
exclusively mine.  But P40X was used by N6BT on CW back in the early 90's
and by a N9 on RTTY in the late 90's.  Sorry, I forget his call sign.

FYI, P40 prefixes are 30-days temporary assignments for visitors and the DTZ
attempts to not assign them to different people unless there is a lapse for
several years.  There is an additional fee to request a P40 call sign beyond
just signing yourcall/P4 with the basic visitor license.  Then there are 4-5
of us who have P49 prefixes which are "permanent visitor" call signs for
visitors who pass the DTZ examination and have an Aruba address.  P43 are
Aruban residents and P41 are 30-day resident call signs for special events.
(Although AI6YL got P41YL assigned earlier this year and Sue worked
exclusively RTTY.  I'm sure a lot of you worked her.)

73,
Ed - W0YK