[RTTY] MURPHY was with me and VK9DWX

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MURPHY was with me and VK9DWX
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 09:30:17 -0500
I was able to work VK9DWX on 15, 17 and 30 M CW and needed it for a new one
in the RTTY mode. On October 23 at 1424z I called  the VK9 and he came back.
In that instant I lost my TX and could not reply. Imagine how frantic a
situation that was. I was trying to get back to him but there was no
transmission from the rig. The op tried 4 times to get a reply from me and
all I could do was have a near heart attack. So, I missed a new one and I am
not in their log.  I was so disappointed that I shut down and didn't turn on
the rig until the next day. I run AFSK into a RigBlaster plus. What had
happened was the "Audio IN" plug had somehow pulled out of the RigBlaster
just after he came back to me and thus no TX. I have been chasing DX since
1979 and this is not the first time I came out on the short end of trying to
work a new one. Such is the life of a DXer. hi. One nice thing is that I
went on line and confirmed that I was not in the log for RTTY. A few years
ago we could not do that and it is a big help as we do not need to work a
call a second time to be sure we are in the log. That gives others a chance
to work the DX. see you in the next RTTY contest or maybe to rag chew.

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M