Re: [RTTY] what was the model of the Belkin

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] what was the model of the Belkin
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:38:16 -0700
On Oct 28, 2008, at 9:28 AM, FireBrick wrote:

> USB to serial adapter that worked with rtty 5 bit code?
>
> I had one and sold it...now a fellow I know is looking for one.

The one I have says F5U103.

There are a number of chipsets that can do 5 bits.  I recently found
that the chipset in the KeySpan High Speed adapter can do 5 bits and
get within 0.012% of 45.4545 baud, but unfortunately the driver they
had supplied could not be coaxed to do 45.45 baud.

One of the options nowadays to get 45.45 baud/5 bits, if you insist on
still using FSK keying, is to use Doug K4DSP's regenerator
http://k4dsp.homeip.net/~doug/regenerator/
  to go from AFSK tones from a software modem to an FSK keying signal
for the rig (and it comes free with VOX PTT, also).

(I know W9OL himself has reformed and he is using AFSK with his
Flex-5000A :-) :-)

73
Chen, W7AY