[RTTY] Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, Memorial Award

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>, "'Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, Memorial Award
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:00:22 -0800
I am pleased to announce the Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, Memorial Plaque for each
of the CQ RTTY contests: CQ WPX RTTY and CQWW RTTY.  These awards are
generously sponsored by CQ Magazine in memory of Paolo, who contributed so
much to amateur radio, contesting, RTTY, contest DXpeditions and wonderful
friendships around the world.  The plaques will be awarded annually for each
contest to the single operator DXpedition chosen by the CQ RTTY Contest
Committee.  In keeping with Paolo's lead, the award will be based on a
number of important factors beyond final score.  The committee will select
the recipient based on difficulty of the DXpedition, rarity of the location,
contribution to the local community, etc.  If you have personal knowledge of
a single-op DXpedition for either of these RTTY contests beginning in 2009,
please send your comments to w0yk@cqww.com or w0yk@cqwpx.com to help inform
the committee as these contests occur each year.

Ed - W0YK