[RTTY] ARRL RU 2009

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL RU 2009
From: "Barry Fox" <foxbw@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:06:14 -0500
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1HFN
Operator(s): W1HFN
Station: W1HFN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs):

Band      QSOs
-----------------
 80        57
 40        29
 20       126
 15         0
 10         0
-----------------
Total     212   States/Provinces = 43     Countries = 28   Total Score =
15,052

Comments:
My only goal was to beat last years score, did that handily:
         2008    2009
QSOs      112     212
Score   5,712  15,052

No Qs on 15 as my PC screen when bananas when I keyed up on that band, at
any
power setting.  Running into a dummy load at 100W was OK, so guess there
must
be some RF getting into it when on the beam.  Yet more fun, the fan that
cools
the power supply on my TS-940SAT quit (why is the top of the rig so hot?)
and
had to sit a 4inch muffin fan on top running at a reasonable speed (aren't
Variacs great?) for most of the contest.  Lots of good snappy ops out there,
lots of new calls as well.
In retrospect, looking back at my first RU in 1988 using a C64/PK64, pencil
and paper, one really has to admire the progress made by contest/logging
software boffins.  My hat goes off to them.
73 to all
Barry - W1HFN