Re: [RTTY] K3

To: Terry <terry@kk6t.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] K3
From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:41:28 -0800

Terry wrote:
> I'm considering purchasing a K3.  Which filter do I want for RTTY (both
> DX & contesting)?  200 Hz 5-pole or 250 Hz 8-pole?  Or is there some
> other configuration I should consider?

200Hz is a wee bit too tight, IMO. I think the ideal setup would be
400Hz for general RTTY operation, and a 250Hz for those times when you
have strong stations moving in on both sides.

I ran the whole RU on a 400Hz, and mostly got away with shifting it
slightly to one side or the other, but there were times when a 250Hz
would have been nice to have.

     ~Iain / N6ML