Re: [RTTY] 250 Hz Filters

To: RTTY Contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 250 Hz Filters
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:56:30 -0800
On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:47 AM, WS7I wrote:

All I can say about filters is that its nearly a requirement now for
250 Hz filters and even then its elbows to knees so to speak on 20
Meters.  Hopefully when 10 returns at least it will spread out some.

Why is the standard 170 Hz for RTTY? Didn't it use to be 850?

I've used a 30 Hz mark-space split with success. If you're software
based, the transition to a narrow standard would be easy.

I'm relatively new to RTTY and don't know the history. Anyone?

73 - Steve WB6RSE