[RTTY] RTTY Roundup

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup
From: ws7i <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:41:11 -0800
Well the logs are flowing like the water in our streets, rivers, and
streams here in the Pacific Northwest.  I once again will be doing the
writeup for the ARRL.

Last year I heard a lot of grumbling as we all got kind of used to the
extremely nice people at Mountain West Radio when they picked up all the
RTTY Roundup Plaques for a couple of years.

Now there are just the dedicated folks left as of last year.  The notices
have gone out to those folks that sponsor a week or so ago I guess.  To
them a tip of the hat.

Time that some of these clubs that enter and are all excited to step up to
the place and grab some of these open plaques.  Or perhaps those of you who
have won some would like to extend the hand to someone else.

http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2008/rtty.pdf

This pretty much shows you what was sponsored last year.  I know that the
Rush Drake W7RM Plaque went by the wayside.  For those of you in the know,
Rush was the prime Division Director who twisted some arms, joined with his
friends and enabled the RTTY Roundup to be created.  EWARG (Eastern
Washington Amateur Radio Group) will be picking up the W7RM Plaque for the
W/VE Single Operator High Power -- W7RM Award.  The founders of the contest
are both members of EWARG and EWARG is once again back into contesting and
DXing in a serious manner.

In fact check out http://www.ewarg.org for our new map of the 175 mile
circle.

Anyone who wants to sponsor a plaque can contact Sean KX9X at the ARRL and
get on the list to pay for it.
Plaques are available in all catagories and many are open.  Canada no
longer has any sponsors, nor Japan.

Southeastern, Rocky Mountain, DX MSLP, there are lots of plaques waiting.
You can always purchase a plaque for yourself if you are a Division Winner
as well if its unsponsored.  Again contact Sean KX9X who is the contest
manager for the ARRL.

Let's make this Triple-Play a little nicer and try and fill up our plaques
a bit.