Re: [RTTY] Help needed on FSK with IC756 ProIII, MMTTY and parallel port

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help needed on FSK with IC756 ProIII, MMTTY and parallel port
From: "John Farber" <kg6i@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:56:09 -0000
Hello "green keyers", I'm new to the list, and am trying to avoid
re-inventing the wheel. I'm getting back into RTTY again. I wish to run
MMTTY using my new Dell PC running Vista Ultimate and with no open serial
ports, I'd like to use the parallel port. I've already researched the RTTY
sites, AA5AU's site, the MMTTY site, etc. I've found some contradictory
info; namely that folks say you can use:
1. A USB/Serial converter
2. BUT, it only works for non-FSK RTTY
3. It only works with Win 98 and not XP and no mention of Vista
4. Only a specific Belkin model converter will work

So, I'd like to use my parallel port, BUT, seems you need to run EXTFSK in
MMTTY, and I found and DLd that file. AND it seems that you also need
DLPORTIO in order to use a parallel port.

So my question is this; have any of you sucessfully used a setup like mine
to run FSK with MMTTY from the parallel port on a PC running Vista?

My equipment list is:
New Dell Optiplex 755, Core 2 Duo, 3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Vista Ultimate, one
serial port (already used for rig control), one parallel port, 6 USB ports.
Icom IC-756 Pro III
MMTTY with the AXETTY plug-in to work with DXBase 2007.

OR, should I bite the bullet and spend approx $100 for a 4-port PCI serial
port card from Byterunner?

Thanks, John Farber, KG6I

Database version: 5.11490