[RTTY] Tips

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Tips
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:56:23 -0800 (PST)
After 50 years as I ham and still learning I just want to say I enjoy all the
tips posted here. I am just getting started in digital RTTY and finding out
that what worked in the old paper machines might not be such a good idea in
digital contests.

I thought I had my macros set up pretty good, but I do need to get rid of my
LFs hi hi

I was using my RTTY macros on PSK then I found out it is now a good idea to use
CAPS with PSK.

Thanks to all for keeping an old guys brain sharp. I landed on RTTY because I
just can't copy 55 WPM CW anymore in contests hi hi but I have been able to
HEAR a RTTY CQ.

Usually I don't work more than a few hours in the contests but it is a hoot.