[RTTY] Advise Please - Dayton Hamvention

To: rtty@contesting.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Advise Please - Dayton Hamvention
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:18:28 +0000
All,

For my 76th birthday I am treating myself to my first Dayton Hamvention. I
will be driving in from Virginia.

I see that the Crowne Plaza is already booked up! I was able to get a room
at the Holiday Inn North. I will have a Suburban vehicle with me from the
drive. But it looks like the shuttle buses might be easier???? I will want
to get to both the Crowne Plaza for the Contest University as well as the
various dinners, etc there. I also, of course, will want to get to Hara
Arena for the ham fest.

What is the shuttle bus situation? Does it run from the various motels or
only from the Crowne Plaza?

Is there any parking around the Hara Arena if I were to try to dirve there
or is that a "forget it"

What is the best way to get from Holiday Inn North to the Crowne Plaza?
Drive or shuttle bus?

Since many of you are experienced in this scene, please advise me of the
best ways to handle this?

What do I need to watch out for?

Hope to meet many of you there in May.

Jerry, W6IHG