[RTTY] BARTG RTTY Sprint de VE3GSI

To: "RTTY e-Group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG RTTY Sprint de VE3GSI
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:31:33 -0500
BARTG RTTY Sprint
Call: VE3GSI

Class: Single Op LP

Band      QSOs     Pts
-----------------
80:          46           0
40:          58           12
20:          235         46
15:          11           1
10:          0              0
-----------------
Total: 350x 59 xMults = 6 Total Score = 123,900

Comments:
Due to an ongoing health issue I did not stay with the contest for long
periods
at a time and just played the game when I could. All-in-all I did have a
good
time when I could get a chance to get on between rest periods. There were a
lot
of new callsigns that I don't remember working in other contests, welcome
aboard
to the new fellows.

The band conditions here were mixed for me. Early into the contest on
Saturday
I worked a single JA station on forty meters who was loud and clear, yet I
never heard a single station from EU or any other off shore DX. During the
day, twenty meters was not strong for me though I did manage to work a total
of
34 DX stations on that band. There were a few NA and SA stations on fifteen
meters who all had reasonable signals at this QTH, nothing was heard from EU
or
AF. I suspect the lack of multipliers was the only reason the band was not
more
lively. During the evening forty meters was wall to wall noise, not sure if
it
was local noise or band conditions in general. I bounced back and forth
between
eighty and forty meters for part of the evening when I could on until I was
simply too tired to play any longer. I did leave the station up and running
all night hoping to get up early Sunday morning and put in a few more hours
in,
but ended up sleeping in and not crawling out of bed until well after the
end of
the contest. I really do enjoy this contest and if I could make one request,
it
would be to drop the 5 minute rule for SOAB entrants.

For those who collect electrons, I will be uploading my log to LoTW shortly.
As
always, for those who wish to exchange QSL cards, not a problem either.
73 from Canada,
Eric - VE3GSI