Re: [RTTY] Soundcard and Serial ports

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Soundcard and Serial ports
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:03:21 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:48:09 -0600, "Rick Ruhl" <ricker@cssincorp.com>
wrote:

> hams would rather use
>that because it's FREE, than even your good stuff, much less quality
>commercial software.

REPLY:

I defy anyone to significantly improve on 99% of the free software I
use as a ham. If a person's hobby includes writing software and giving
it away, fine with me. In fact, some of the most annoying software I
have to put up with is some I paid for. With commercial software it is
often hard to get bugs fixed, free ham software is often updated
regularly.

I don't want to deprive anyone of a legitimate job, but I don't want
to deprive anyone of a legitimate hobby either.

73, Bill W6WRT