Re: [RTTY] Best program

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Best program
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:59:10 -0500
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Charles Morrison
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:06 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com

>From an end user's perspective, and keeping in mind the unfortunate decision
of K6STI to discontinue the production of his application, Chen, why has no
other PC based application compared?  Has anyone contacted Brian and asked
him if he'd consider releasing the information that he used to create his
application so that someone else could pick up his torch?

>>>I have spoken at length with Brian, and found him completely unwilling.
The piracy of RITTY and the negative reaction to his attempts to eliminate
that piracy have not left Brian in a charitable mood with respect to amateur
radio. He was also skeptical that RITTY could be made to work correctly
under the Windows scheduler.

Like Chen says, we keep hearing about how far superior RITTY is/was.  With
the increase in computer usage, power, and knowledge, has no one attempted
to compete with Brian?  Dave, would that help you in improving MMTTY?

>>>Certainly.

   73,

         Dave, AA6YQ