Re: [RTTY] Best RTTY Program

Subject: Re: [RTTY] Best RTTY Program
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:10:10 -0800
On Jan 27, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Rick Mintz wrote:

> My understand of why RITTY has not been ported over to Windows is
> that going thru the Windows shell (vs. DOS) affected the algorithm
> efficiency.

Shouldn't be a problem today, where processors are 32 times faster
than in Brian's days.

In any case, RTTY reception need not be decoded in real time, either.
Audio buffers are audio buffers and decode algorithms are based on the
sample number, not on the real time clock.  As long as you are fast
enough on average, it is fast enough for the demodulator and decoder.

You can get away with the standard Windows sound library and not even
have to go to ASIO.

73
Chen, W7AY