[RTTY] Software

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Software
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:49:13 -0800 (PST)
The various discussions prompted by my question regarding RTTY
hardware/software have been very informative.

My comment regarding free/broken/copied software is that I typically only use
the free software. However, I did buy MixW and use it for some modes.

I have a shoebox full of purchased software that is no longer supported. I paid
anywhere from $30-$100 for a lot of programs that became useless as Windows and
hardware changed and the makers no longer supplied updates. I don't have a warm
fuzzy feeling about MixW at this point.

Hats off to the hardworking guys that support the free programs like Logger32
and N1MM.

Rick, N6PE