Re: [RTTY] 80M WAS RTTY ALL LOTW

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 80M WAS RTTY ALL LOTW
From: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:14:00 -0600
Les KL7J was also the last I needed on 80M RTTY for my 5BWAS RTTY.  Waited a
year for that one QSO.  As a result I just recently received 5BWAS
Certificate #2933 with no reference to mode; and 'digital' WAS certificates
(with RTTY noted on the bottom) for the 5 bands. The weird thing was that
each of the band certificates had the same "RTTY #659" on them! I haven't
asked ARRL about that YET!

But it was Les KL7J that made it happen for me early last month.  I knew him
when we lived in Alaska back in the late 70's (I was KL7Q and Mary  - my
YL.. was KL7P then).  And I missed him when we visited Anchorage last summer
to attend the 'Alaska Homecoming Hamfest' but finally caught up with him
later.  To their credit and with much thanks several other Alaskan Hams
attempted schedules with me on 80M RTTY but props and timing just never
jived till Les and I finally hooked up on the 2nd attempt early last month.
I expressed my gratitude verbally, but I really owe him a big steak dinner -
next time I get up there or he gets way down here in Alabama.. hi hi.
Thanks again Les and to all who provided QSO's enabling me to reach 5BWAS
RTTY.

Tom Moore
WX4TM ex KL7Q