[RTTY] Cannot get sound card to work with digital apps on Vista 64 Bit c

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Cannot get sound card to work with digital apps on Vista 64 Bit computer
From: w6sa@cox.net
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:45:31 -0500 (EST)
In no apparent order:

I have tried "Running As XP" with no difference.  I am using the latest
version of Vista for MTTY.

Only have sound on the Main Board. Looking into adding a sound card just
for digital. Still investigating my best choice.

Leaning towards the X-fi Xtreme Audio Pci Express 24BIT Sound Blaster
card for about $50. Sure wish I knew how it would read on SoundCheck
app. I would expect it to be pretty good. When it first came out it cost
$799. I love deflation!  Does anyone have any feedback on this sound
card?

I need to get my setup to run with only 2 com ports and I am trying to
do that on my old computer before I can remove 2 of my com ports from
the new box. I need a slot to install a sound card in. None of my older
USB to Serial port adapters will work with the new box. No Vista drivers
available, especially for 64 bit system.

Nothing is muted. Sound works fine on the computer. Just can't get sound
chip to work for Digital.

Looking into HRD as an option also.  Haven't installed it yet.

Had a lot of suggestions for Signalink USB unit but I already have 2
MFJ-1279 Interface units so all I really need is audio. Looks like I
will have to give up FSK and go to AFSK again if I can resolve the port
issue.

Had the second unit just for FSK so I would not have to switch cables.
Maybe I can hook it up to the FT100 and try some RTTY on 6 meters. Least
of my worries right now.

Old computer setup on FT-1000MP MKV worked fine until I started playing
with it last night to try to eliminate a Serial Port.  Digipan works.
MMTTY does not diddle.  Have to compare settings with my Vista Laptop to
see what I am setting wrong.  It diddles fine.

If I can get the old system working with 2 Com Ports I will have a plan
for setting up the new computer once I get a second sound card.

Have to get through another day, here at work, before I can play with
the computers again.