Re: [RTTY] RF-Interface-soundcard feedback

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RF-Interface-soundcard feedback
From: Curt Nixon <cptcurt@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:44:44 -0500
Some further investigations:  Only a problem on 20M.  15 is actually
fine.  so I'm suspecting the RF on the coax problem Bill suggested.  The
antenna does have a palomar choke on it at the base of the antenna
transition line.  It is a 40meter Windom tho..so 40 and 15 are resonant
conditions for it.  20 is not and I "force" it to work via the tuner.
everything is common point grounded now, snap on suppressors on every
line altho I too suspect they aren't nearly as effective as the full
toroid with wraps.  I'' next try getting some of them and add another
choke to the line.  So for now, no RTTY on 20M HP.

Thanks Guys.

Curt
KU8L