[RTTY] AD6WL NAQP

To: "rtty list" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AD6WL NAQP
From: IronmanY2k <IronmanY2K@triathlete.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 08:19:44 -0800
North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: AD6WL

Station: AD6WL

Class: Single Op LP

QTH: CA-RG

Operating Time (hrs): 10

 Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
   80:   144   41
   40:   115   41
   20:   314   53
   15:    60   23
   10:     0    0
-------------------
Total:  633 Total Score = 100,014

Team: SWACC #1

Comments:
What a strange ride that was.  15 meters was in and out with deep QSB, but I
did work some JAs on it but not many mults and not AK, HI, WA or OR.  I decided
for this contest to work more on 40 and 80 meters which are usually my weakest
bands.  I didn't check my past logs but I'm sure this is the best I ever had on
80meters for this contest.  It was better then 40 meters!!!  I saw I was
getting close to breaking the 100K mark but time was running out and the rate
was getting low.  With about five minutes left I had XE1GRR call me on 80 for a
mult.  I ask him to QSY to 40 meters and hope for the best; with one minute to
go he answers me on 40 M for the mult to take me over 100K.  Now, I have never
had a perfect log and after the log checker I'm sure it will be less then 100K
but it is a little victory for me tonite.  Early on I was disappointed with 15
meters but wow 80Meters made up for it.

Thanks to all the stations who worked me in the contest.  It was a blast.

73, Jim
AD6WL