Re: [RTTY] Digital Modes Interface

To: "nz4o@tampabay.rr.com" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital Modes Interface
From: Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:38:12 -0500
If you need an interface for RTTY only, I would recommend interfaces RASCAL
made by BUXCOMM.
I am using two of them for two different Radios, they are not expensive
(under 60 bucks) well done and work great. I am also using it for CW.
Works flawlessly and easy to set up.
I purchased recently (two months ago) MickoKeyer II, mostly to use it for
SSB. Guess what, still can't make it work for SSB... I dont have a Master
degree in electronics and have not much spare time to learn and study their
manual, so... nice looking box is standing by on my desk. I do use for FSK
RTTY and for CW but intending to sell. Not saying that this is a bad unit,
just too complicated. for me. and pricey too.

2009/3/1, nz4o@tampabay.rr.com <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>:

> .....My MFJ-1275  interface went bad this week. I am looking at replacing
> it with either a Signal Link or a Rigblaster plus. Any concerns on either
> from anyone?.....
>
> Dan,
>
> I've used a well designed home brewed interface, Rig Expert Tiny and now a
> Signalink USB. The USB works great and only needs one connection to rig and
> computer. It's internal sound card free's up the one in computer for regular
> windows sounds.
>
> 73 & GUD DX,
> Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
> Lakeland, FL, USA