[RTTY] NA RTTY

To: Group RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>, Group SCCC <sccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NA RTTY
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:05:50 -0800 (PST)
As it turned out I was left alone for the day so I used the Party as a shake
down test.
The traps in my inverted L used to heat up and change frequency so I built
bigger ones with heavy wire.

I ran 500 Watts for long CQs on 40 and 80 with no problems. The XYL got back
about 9 pm so I had actually operated 11 hours with only 10-15 minute breaks
here and there.

Along with testing the antenna and seeing how much glow I was getting out of
the 3-500Z during long CQs, I spent a lot of time fine tuning the macros and
playing with filters and shifts.

It was a great learning experience. One thing I did figure out...... my
antennas will never get me much more than 60 Qs an hour unless I move them to
someplace like KP5 hi hi.

It was amazing how some stations I could only copy with RITTY had such good
ears they came back on the first call and didn't ask for a repeat. Others that
were 20 over couldn't hear me worth a darn.

Soooo...... I'll submit a check log and upload to LOTW tomorrow.

Oh yeah, thanks to all the guys giving out the 599s  :-)

Band    QSOs   Sec   NA
3.5         104      40    0
7             73      34    0
14         230       47    1
21           16      10     2

I'm ready for the next one...................

Rick, N6PE