Re: [RTTY] Sprint RTTY Rules

To: <ki6dy@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprint RTTY Rules
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:05:23 -0800
> I was just reading the rules for the NCJ RTTY Sprint which
> states you may work a station once per band. I have not
> participated since 2005 but remember that a station could be
> worked again on a band if both stations had three at least
> three QSOs since their last. This was a rule for the RTTY
> contest only. Has this rule been abolished?

Yes, the "legal dupe" rule for RTTY Sprint was eliminated last summer.  The
rules for all three modes are the same now.  The October 2008 NA RTTY Sprint
was the first to operate under the new rules.   N1MM Logger, WriteLog and
Win-Test all incorporated the change in their software in time that Sprint.
Unfortunately, propagation during those four hours was the worst I've ever
experienced in any Sprint, any mode.  I'm looking forward to the RTTY Sprint
the weekend after this one.  Tell everyone you know.  Form teams.  Jump in
and have fun!

Ed - W0YK