[RTTY] BARTG contests

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG contests
From: "John Barber GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:29:56 +0100
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

The general opinion seems to be that moving to a June date would be a bad idea,
both for propagation and because there are better things to do in June. The
contest calendar is very crowded and there are few options open if we were to
consider a new date at the beginning or end of the year. So .......... the
BARTG HF RTTY contest will run on the 3rd weekend in March as it has for
several decades. The RDXC contesters will just have to work round us and be
tolerant if space gets tight, as we are to them.

Our recent 2009 contest attracted around 2500 participants; it is a well liked
and supported test. I have no wish to change the character by messing around
with the rules, so they will remain the same for next year.

Once again thanks to all,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager