[RTTY] RS 232 interface

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RS 232 interface
From: "Frederick Day" <frederick.day@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:20:00 +0100
Hi all,

I have been using RTTY on my computer with a duel RS 232 interface PCI card
from my home address. All seems to work very well indeed.

I now wish to take part in our club's field day contests and (for obvious
reasons) use my laptop, so I purchased a USB to 232 converter as my laptop does
not have the appropriate port. However, whatever I seem to do I can not make it
work. The computer is "seeing" the converter but nothing I do will make the
computer key the radio. On fire up the radio tries to enter Tx mode, but
nothing else.

I am using Trutty and MMTTY, which both work well on the desktop computer. I
therefore assume that this USB to 232 is not the same as the PCI 232 card I
have in the desktop.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Regards 73 de M0RFD
Fred