[RTTY] Macros and procedures for weak DX?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Macros and procedures for weak DX?
From: Stephen & Marilyn Haines <stevehaines@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:43:27 -0500
I hope to be back on the air from Paraguay as ZP9EH by the end of July!
The good news is I have some new goodies to make operating and
contesting easier -- a Signalink interface, a K1EL Winkeyer, and a Heil
boomset. The bad news is I'll still be using my FT-757 and a dipole or
vertical -- AFSK at no more than 40 watts on RTTY.

I'd like some advice about RTTY macros (N1MM/MMTTY) and operating
procedures for non-contest activity, keeping in mind that my signal will
be considerably weaker than those calling me.

1. Is split better than simplex? Would listening up 2 - 5 Khz be
appropriate? Would it be better to rock the receive vfo to keep the
pileup spread out a bit?

2. Is there any point to standing by for QRP signals on RTTY? Does
anyone try to stand by for those stations with "simple antennas" like
dipoles and verticals?

3. Is this the best form for the exchange macro when W4XXX calls me:
"W4XXX 599 W4XXX"? Other suggestions?

4. To acknowledge W4XXX's exchange, is this the best: "W4XXX TU DE ZP9EH
UP 2-5"?

5. If W4XXX corrects his call to W4XXY, is there anything better than
repeating the exchange with the corrected call: "W4XXY 599 W4XXY"?

Thanks for the help.
Steve, W9CPI/ZP9EH