[RTTY] Fw: Re: Ukraine DX Digi Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Fw: Re: Ukraine DX Digi Contest
From: "UT1IA Vladimir \(Bob\)" <ut1ia@ukr.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:00:18 +0300
"Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@verizon.net>
<rtty@contesting.com>
[RTTY] Ukraine DX Digi Contest

> Bill the 75 baud rate is correct. PSK63 is also the odd man out in the
contest.

> 3. Modes:
>
>     RTTY75 (75 baud)
>     BPSK 63
>     MFSK 16
>     HELLSCHREIBER
>     OLIVIA (250 Hz, 4 tones)

> The rules for the Ukraine RTTY contest state that the baud rate for
> RTTY is to be 75 baud.   http://www.izmail-dx.com/
>
> Does anyone know if this is really correct or just a typo? The
> standard baud rate for amateur RTTY has been 45 baud for years.
>
> I emailed the contest sponsor but have not received a reply yet.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

           Hello , Bill !
     Sorry about too late of My answer . Some local problems ...

We organized 2 contests in Ukraine: UR DX DIGI Contest  &   DIGI Fest .
Both - have high speed DIGI Modes .
   RTTY 75 bd - is OK in any contest's logger & valid for any
country's Licence .
    If You look on the TOP scores of CQ WW RJ RTTY or
CQ WPX RTTY Contest - last years - activity of participants
give a chance to make over 5 - 6 thousand QSOs. But - the
speed of 45 bd -  don't let it . We hope in the future all Contests
will use high speed , like 75 bd , or more .It's maine RESERVE
to make Contest to be the CONTEST ! We look on that in
our Contests & We absolutely sure : the Future of the Digital
CONTEST - in high speed !
      Finaly - We don't have in the Contest now any man, which
give long time : MY NAME is ... MY QTH is ... Or NR 001 in the
end of Contest .Only real contest-man works .This high speed
give finaly feeling of the CONTEST !
      We invite all HAMs to activity in our high speed Contest next
year . Or - better - change the speed to 75 bd in the bigest RTTY
Contest ...
              73 ! Good Luck ! de Nick UX0FF & Team

      P.S. I ask Vladimir UT1IA to forward this mail to RTTY mailing list

73 Vladimir UT1IA
http://www.qsl.net/ut1ia