[RTTY] USB adapter Interface

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] USB adapter Interface
From: Bill and Pam Leahy <ssi2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
I am trying to run FSK through a serial/USB high speed adapter (Keyspan
USA-19hs). The computer has one serial port which works fine with my W3YY FSK
interface and MMTTY. The USB port I am using is comm 3. Using the adapter, it
will make comm 3 into comm 13. I can set MMTTY for comm 13 and I get PTT and an
FSK output with no diddles (they are turned on in MMTTY). If I use the EXTFSK
plugin for MMTTY, I cannot get a comm 13 as it only goes to comm 8. Also I get
no output from the adapter with EXTFSK. If I stay with comm 13, I do get output
as explained above. I do not believe it is the FSK interface itself as it works
fine with the straight serial port comm 1.
I have also tried to get the adapter to work with Writelog with no results.
Works fine with the serial port.
Any ideas?

Bill, K0MP