[RTTY] SARTG and Other Contests - VE3GSI Off Air

To: "RTTY e-Group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SARTG and Other Contests - VE3GSI Off Air
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:41:30 -0400
To the RTTY gang,

Due to an upcoming move to a new QTH I will have to give SARTG and other
RTTY (and CW) contests a miss until at least next year. With luck I hope to
get a couple of dipoles up before winter and maybe give out a few points
here and there on a band or two when I can. The new QTH is located at the
end of a dead-end road and when I last checked the floor level on all the
bands were flat. It is also quite secluded with the nearest neighbour  being
1/2 Km to the West of us.  Almost two concessions south there is a CBC TV/FM
tower that did not seem to cause me any problems on HF when I checked with
my mobile gear.

You can find us here:

http://tinyurl.com/n3gyvj

The new QTH land size is almost 1.5 acre and is surrounded by 200 acres of
both open fields and wooded areas. So I will have room for two well spaced
towers when we get settled in. The surrounding fields are the home of only
eight well behaved horses that are pastured in this area. I say well
behaved, as there are no electric fences required for these majestic
creatures.

The only concern we have of this location, is the single lane road that is
maintained by the municipality and does have mail delivery and blue box
pick-up. For those who have lived a Canadian winter in rural  areas will
understand our concerns. But with luck, on snow days the bands will be open
and there will be a RTTY contest on the go.

73 and goodbye from Napanee, I hope to catch you all soon from our new QTH
near Read,

Eric - VE3GSI.

P.S.

I say with tongue in cheek, "If anyone is moving to Napanee we have a house
with two towers already up and running for sale! "