Re: [RTTY] Sort of interesting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sort of interesting
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:59:36 -0500
> From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
> Subject: [RTTY] Sort of interesting

> That right before one of our significant contests that we get dribble on
> a topic of how to fix our contests.
>
> "The 22nd annual CQ WW RTTY Contest was held September 27?28, 2008, with
> another record number of entries, this time
> totaling 2,124 logs (up from 1,778, or 20% from 2007)..." from CQWW RTTY
> web page.
>
> I suggest when we stop increasing our participation that we get back to
> why we would want to make any changes to our records,
> to our traditions, and to our fun.

Agreed Jay.  Without stateside qso's, its hard to waste a weekend 1500 miles
further away from Europe.

Imagine if we WERE to add 160M.  Jees, the CW ops bellyache about someone
simply calling cq during the weekday.  Imagine a band full of RTTY stations.

Richard, I nominate you for that position.  :)

Other then that, leave the rules alone, they're fine.  Let the "superbad" CW
and SSB ops stick it out for DX only.  :)

Charlie
KI5XP