Re: [RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@arrl.net>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:57:24 -0500

> If it violates a law, it's not permitted as a pursuit of
> happiness. The scenarios you have detailed below violate
> laws and endanger people.

The scenarios I detailed are not universally outlawed just
like RTTY on 160 meters is not universally outlawed (it
is outlawed in some countries).  The scenarios show that
just because you can do something doesn't mean that it
should be done if for no reason other than respect for
those around you.  Of course, some people simply do not
understand the concept of respect any more than they
understand the concepts of personal responsibility or
common sense.