Re: [RTTY] Vista EXTFSK

To: Henrik Klüver Møller <oz6tl@mail.dk>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Vista EXTFSK
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:48:09 -0800
Surely your don't have that many com ports active on your computer?  If not,
go into control panel, System and the device manager and go to advanced and
change the com port number. The only com port in use should be the modem if
you have one installed. For some reason, my laptop always shows that com 1-4
are in use but they aren't.

There are ways to use higher com ports than com 8 but it's a pain to
re-orient them in the logging software. Better to simply change the com port
number as detailed above.

73
Jim W7RY