Re: [RTTY] HRD Logbook

To: "John Netro-N9WVM" <n9wvm@yahoo.com>, "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] HRD Logbook
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:57:14 -0600
John,

I use two different programs to manage my logs. One is a general logger and
award tracking package similar to HRD. The other is a contesting program
designed for that environment. This is similar to using MS Word and MS
Excel... depending upon what you want to do, you would choose one tool or
the other.

I know about HRD and know it is a great package, but I don't have direct
hands-on knowledge about it. I will speculate there is no Cabrillo output
format because HRD is not a contesting package.

There are many contesting software packages. I use N1MM Logger. Another
choice is WriteLog. These are the top two packages used by operators in the
USA. There are other contest packages that are more popular in other parts
of the world.

Okay... if you want to convert an ADIF file into Cabrillo there are packages
that will do this as well. You will find a list of choices here:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/conversion.htm

In addition, while looking for this link, I found another converter package
that looks promising here:  http://www.contestlogchecker.com/

And here's a short video how it looks:
http://www.contestlogchecker.com/downloads.html

Back to the decision between "Word" and "Excel" (General logger vs. Contest
logger), a contest logger is going to give you real-time dupe checking,
multiplier tracking, and other features that will help you gain a better
contest score. In addition, it will output Cabrillo format directly and
allow you to submit your entry within minutes after the contest is over.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN