[RTTY] ol6x in arrl ru 2010

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ol6x in arrl ru 2010
From: "Daniel Glanc" <ok1dig@seznam.cz>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:25:30 +0100
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: OL6X

Operator(s): OK1DIG

Station: OK1DIG

Class: M/S HP

QTH: Horka

Operating Time (hrs): 24

 Band  QSOs

------------

   80:  230

   40:  759

   20:  476

   15:    3

   10:

------------

Total: 1468  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 78  Total Score = 196,712

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

I thought that I wouldn't be able to take part this year.

Couple of hours before the beginning I was walking my dogs, when we were
attacked by a free running staffordshire bull terrier. After a horror fight
my right hand was badly bitten by the beast and one of my dogs was injured.

I returned from emergency and vet. at about 20 UTC and started the contest
at 21 UTC. I  really took the advantage of the GRAB feature of the contest
software, that eliminated most of the typing...

The contest was running nice, 40M was the runner, never got a really good
run on 80 however, but the S&P there was productive.

The morning propagation on 20m to east was poor and I ended up only with 35
QSOs looged on 20 before taking the 2nd pause at about 10 UTC, I was falling
asleep anyway due to the effect of the pain killers. After 2 hours brake I
started on 20m a had a nice runs to NA ending with 476 contacts before the
band closed at about 18:30 UTC. Went back to 40 and to my surprise the band
was already opened to NA... 40m was the workhorse here with 759 contacts and
most of the DX mults worked there. 15m was almost dead and nothing heard on
10m from here.

Worked 782 US staions, the only missing state was ND, (wkd KH6 and KL7 for
DXCC) and 58 x VEs.

All in all I did much better then last year, the total claimed score is 30%
better, 260 contacts and 10 more mults.

Though working SO I enterd the M/S class due to ultilization of the DX
cluster in compliance with the rules.

HNY to all and CU in the next one.

73's Daniel OL6X ( OK1DIG ).

P.S. Hope to meet some of you in Riga on the CCF Contest meeting

     22-24 JAN.