Re: [RTTY] GU0SUP BARTG Sprint

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GU0SUP BARTG Sprint
From: "wa5zup" <wa5zup@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:47:12 -0700
The MicroHam is a little slower, just slightly.
It is because it loads into a buffer and then is sent.  At least that is my
feeble understanding.  The only time this would make any difference would be
in a big run where there is stations calling one right after the other.  I
put some thought into that, and decided that it really does not make a whole
lot of difference.  The advantage of a one box does it all, outweighs this
little disadvantage.  Now what is painfully slow with the MicroHams is if
the strict bps box is checked under the ports tab.  Then it is sent really
slow.  I could not handle that.  Stations running that way (strict bps) are
easy hear the difference.
73 John wa5zup