[RTTY] GU0SUP BARTG Sprint

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP BARTG Sprint
From: "Doug Ferguson" <thenewt@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:13:45 -0800
I have definitely noticed the speed difference when strict bps is checked in

the router for my MK2R+ but when I uncheck it, slight hesitations in the

timing are noticeable but have never had any comments about this and it

doesn't seem to affect copy at all.  When you get into that rhythm, however,

the slow speed is just too annoying so until someone can give me a good
reason

to do otherwise, I'll leave it unchecked.

Along the same lines, maybe someone with a little more knowledge about RTTY

can answer this.  When "strict bps" is checked, there is a definite decrease
in baud

rate, maybe as much as 5 wpm but copy doesn't seem to be affected at the
other

end.  However, when I try to compensate by changing the mode from 45.45 to
50

in MMTTY to get the speed back up, there is no copy at all.  Are there
characters sent

to identify the baud rate used?

73, Doug - N7NM