[RTTY] Dashes in reports

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dashes in reports
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:27:19 -0000
Hi all,

I won't get into the argumant about "to dash or not to dash", but I do wish
someone would get rid of those annoying full stops or capital M's before
each exchange!

How I hate it when I call CQ, only to see MMMMMMMMMM GU0SUP GU0SUP DE AB1ABC
AB1ABC or
.........................TU 599 001 001 001
I can pretty much cope with the few line feeds I see here, as they don't
occur very often, and usually, it is only one or two that are sent. I don't
think I have ever had to chase a report up the screen!

And while I have my bitching head on, I am not keen on this:
CQ TEST DE GU0SUP GU0SUP GU0SUP  CQ [this is OK!]
GU0SUP GU0SUP DE AB1ABC AB1ABC [why not just DE GU0SUP GU0SUP ??]
AB1ABC TU 599 001 001 001 GU0SUP [this is OK!]
TU 599 002 002 002 BK [WHO sent this, and was it aimed at me??]

This (last line) type of exchange caused me grief yesterday when I tried to
work H2E. A UT station decided to start calling CQ over the exchange from
H2E, then saw me and I thought the exchange came from him.

I know it takes extra time, but I do like to see callsigns exchanged! At
least then I know the report was meant for me, and not some station I can't
hear.

Whilst CQ'ing in the BARTG Sprint, I had more than a few with 3 X 3 calls,
and by the time it had got to their call, they were lost in the QSB/QRM. And
when I asked NR?? AGN I got the same exchange, not the number.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100125-0, 25/01/2010
Tested on: 25/01/2010 20:27:19