Re: [RTTY] Really

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Really
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:38:41 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:04:20 -0800, ws7i <ws7i@ewarg.org> wrote:

>That is just silly. The solution.  DE WS7I 599-233-233

REPLY:

Your statement above makes no sense. That's not a solution, that's the
problem. Get one FIGS shift clobbered by QRM or QRN and it will print
DE WS7I TOO-WEE-WEE. How is that a solution?

By comparison, using spaces instead of dashes and losing the same FIGS
shift,  it will print DE WS7I TOO 233 233. Which one would you rather
have print on the other guy's screen? Which one would HE rather have
print?

Am I missing something here? Please explain how that is a "solution".

73, Bill W6WRT