[RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?
From: "Tibor M. Blum - IK2SAI -" <tibor.blum@tiscali.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:09:24 +0100
Hi guys...
Well my contest was just a big fun and overall great.
I managed to improve my 2009 score and the goal was reached by a +30%
My setup for the contest was:
Kenwood TS2000X + RigBlaster Plus
Ameritron AL811HXCE
Cushcraft R7
N1MM logging software.

I played as Single Operator, All band, unlimited

With my R7 (vertical omnidirectional) I was able  to made some funny qsos
even on 80 meters band running barefoot: a number of nearby European and
even some Caribbean and North America: Guys you have a big ear!
On 40, 20 and 15 I was running about 400 W as a runner and as a Searcher.
Here is what N1MM says:

  Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
   3,5      91     358   40
     7     413    1688  207
    14     235     566  128
    21     115     295   70
 Total     854    2907  445
Score: 1.293.615

Great condition on 40 meters with good openings (as usual) to USA and funny
conditions late in the evening on 20 where all signal (even weaker) were
workable at the first shot.
I was called by West Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and India. I managed to qso with
Alaska but I missed Hawaii: there was a big pile up and I have not time!!
A big improve was on 15: as a runner I were called by a number of USA
station with excellent signals. But if you were searcher you were not able
to find a band so crowded.
10 meters were still closed but...keep in mind that I am running with a
vertical omnidirectional multibander
Who knows with a directional 5 elements....
Any way great contest, great fun and very happy for my score.
Thank you!

Tibor, IK2SAI