Re: [RTTY] Re SO2R

To: pcooper@guernsey.net,"RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re SO2R
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:10:35 -0500
At 01:10 PM 2/17/2010, Phil Cooper wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Interesting comments from all!
>
>Hank KR7X, I was not being critical of SO2R, or anyone that operates SO2R.
>It was just an observation that may help some SO2R ops think about the way
>they work.
>I checked, and you are in my log, so thanks for the contact!
>
>I should have made a note of the calls doing this, but it was some way into
>the contest when I realised what was happening and why. ...

I don't see how we can know the reason for a slow response. I
remember reading somewhere in one of the "advice for contesting
newbies" type thingies that if the newbie doesn't get the exchange
the first time he should just wait and the other station will repeat
it. Of course, the person writing that didn't really know what he was
talking about, and the advice he was giving was not good. Whenever I
have a slow response I assume the other station just didn't get it
the first time, so I repeat it. But I can never know the exact reason for it.

Unfortunately I can't find where I read the "advice..." or I would
have given a link here. Anybody?

Jerry W4UK