[RTTY] 30m RTTY

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 30m RTTY
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:27:37 -0000
Hi all,

30m is very good!
It is one of those bands where you switch on and there are no RTTY signals,
but try calling CQ, and see the number of users grow!
There is some great DX about on 30m from time to time, and I have some nice
ones logged on the band, such as 1S (Spratly), 3B6, 3B9, VU4, VU7, XZ, VK9c,
VK9w and more.
So far, I have 105 confirmed, and 108 worked.

All of the above have been worked on a half-size G5RV or my 80m inverted L.
On occasions, one works better than the other, so it is a case of trying
both and seeing which one gets me the contact.
The band is open most of the time to somewhere, and what I especially like
is the fact that it can be open to EU, then suddenly open to JA or VK, or
even the USA. Sometimes, you can work close EU's and DX at the same time.

If you don't hear any RTTY about, try calling CQ and watch what happens!

Oh well, 73 for now

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100221-0, 21/02/2010
Tested on: 21/02/2010 18:27:37