[RTTY] Re. KENWOOD FILTERS...

To: "RTTY GROUP" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re. KENWOOD FILTERS...
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:38:48 -0800
I have been watching the discussion on Kenwood filters on this
reflector and think I will add my two cents. I have a Kenwood
TS-940S/AT with a Kenwood 500 hz filter in the 8 mhz IF and
another in the 455 hz IF. I started RTTY contesting around 1993
with this same radio. At that time, 500hz filters worked fine.
Now days, after completing a QSO stations with narrower
filters do not move completely off my frrequency, such that
one tone slops over and I have to move in frequency to get
away from him so I can hear who is calling me. It appears
to me that newer radios can operate in a narrower bandpass
and still function.